Booking Terms & Conditions
This page contains our of terms and conditions that apply to all bookings, purchase and hire of disco services from James Watson T/a JW Disco or other products and services offered by James Watson T/A JW Disco. When agreeing a booking, and paying the non-refundable deposit, you also agree to the following Terms & Condtions.
1. Any cancellations or notified changes must be made at least 30 days prior to the date of event. If you fail to cancel your booking before this date you will be charged the full booking fee. This ruling may be wavered in very extreme circumstances, or should we manage to fulfil the date prior to the booking date.
2. When a booking has been formally cancelled, and that cancellation has been accepted by both parties, the Client forfeits any rights to use our services on that date, irrespective of deposits or cancellation fees paid.
3. Booking deposits will not be refunded under any circumstances.
4. Paying a booking deposit for your event or function is a 100% binding guarantee of contract and reservation of your function date.
5. Any non payment of a deposit within 14 days could allow us to change our work schedule without prior notice.
6. The client / hirer is responsible for any damage to our equipment caused by any person at your event. You will be charged for the full cost of any repairs, or replacements required. You will be advised of any damage as soon as it is caused.
7. We do not tolerate violent, aggressive or abusive behaviour from anyone under any circumstances. We also reserve the right to terminate our services at any time that we feel our personal safety is under threat. We do not take responsibility for ejecting any unwanted persons from any venue. You will be advised of any problems that we may have in this respect with any of your guests.
8. In the event of fire, flooding, public disturbance, terrorist activity or any other threat to the public, we will not be responsible to evacuate any venue or building where we are present and / or working within, unless the fire regulations for the venue specify otherwise. This would usually incur a vocal announcement.
9. Failed payment of any fees owed within 30 days after the date of the event will result in pending legal action. We understand and will exercise our statutory right to interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if we are not paid according to agreed credit terms.
10. We need a minimum of one hour (2 hours on larger events) to enter a venue and set up prior to the start time and also a similar time allowance at the end of the night to pack up.
11. If you are booking other entertainment as well as hiring ourselves, please consider the amount of space available and where you are going to put the disco. Speaker location is usually best if it is no greater than 10 metres either side from the position of the presenter.
12. We reserve the right to refuse to continue any event prior to the start should there be insufficient floor space which would not allow the audio and lighting equipment to be assembled safely. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure equipment booked is suitable for use at the event venue. No refunds, part of full, will be given for non-use of specific equipment that cannot be used due to any venue
restrictions imposed. Not all disco equipment is designed to fit through narrow doorways and/ or up staircases. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform us of any access restrictions that may impede set up or restrict equipment use.
13. Only staff employed by us may operate our equipment. Under no circumstances may unauthorised personnel tamper, move or attempt to use equipment owned by ourselves. We cannot accept responsibility for damage to property, or injury to persons caused directly by third party intervention.
14. We reserve the right to substitute alternative entertainment should uncontrollable circumstances dictate the need to do so. In such circumstances, you will be fully informed with as much notice as possible. If full payment has been made, you would have the option to cancel the booking, with a full refund.
15. We will not be responsible for any damage or loss to private or public property caused by invited or uninvited guests.
16. All equipment that is used is checked prior to arrival and has been fully tested for safety by a qualified electrical engineer. If we are linking our equipment within a fixed in-house audio system, we reserve the right to refuse to do so if the equipment is considered to be unsafe or liable to cause damage to any component linked to it. The hirer is liable if post inspections prove that damage has been caused by faulty equipment other than ours.
17. It is the responsibility of the hirer to make sure that there is an adequate provision of electrical power within ten metres of our set-up point. We require a minimum of 2 x 13amp outlets dedicated purely for our equipment (not in the form of an extension lead). Any damage caused to our equipment by an inadequate power supply or power interruption is the responsibility of the hirer. The hirer/client is fully responsible for any damage caused to the equipment caused by the use of noise limiters and the subsequent cut off and reintroduction of power without our consultation.
18. The hirer must provide the following:
* Parking for one vehicle, as near the performance area as possible.
* Changing space for one person (if required)
19. All bookings should be taken on the understanding that the venue is in possession of the necessary entertainment (including PRS) & liquor licenses. We are not responsible if the venue is found to be in breach of the terms of their license.
20. Venue Owners and / or Operator Conditions: It is a condition under the Public Liability Insurance Policy that the venues which the Insured may work, have in force their own Public Liability Insurance for the duration of the Insured's use thereof and during periods required before and after such use for setting up, breaking down, rehearsals, sound checks and any other preparations.
21. The DJ and there assistants will conduct themselves in a proper manner throughout there attendance at the venue, and will respond the Management's requests as to volume, siting of equipment and, or any other reasonable requests.
22. We will not be liable for non-fulfilment of this contract by the venue Management. In the event of the client seeking compensation, we will not be liable under any such claim, and under any circumstances, and we will only be liable for a sum up to, and not exceeding the contracted amount.
23. We operate regularly serviced and maintained good quality sound and lighting equipment, and carry essential backup equipment. In the rare event of any equipment failure, an onsite repair will be attempted. If however there is an irreparable breakdown in lighting a partial refund will be given. If there is an irreparable breakdown in sound a full refund will be give (a sum up to, and not exceeding the contracted amount).
24. We shall be entitled to terminate this contract without liability if for any reason beyond its control the Disc Jockey is unable to perform, due to fire or theft of equipment, illness or breakdown of vehicle. The entertainer will use all reasonable endeavours to locate a replacement Disc Jockey, but, in the unlikely event of a non performance all monies paid will be refunded, but this will be the limit of our liability to you.
25. Lighting, sound and any other equipment may not be used by other entertainers or by any other person(s) except with our express permission of prior to the event.
26. Under Health & Safety laws, we can withdraw or refuse to perform in any unsafe building, access or venue where the safety of our representatives or the public may be jeopardised. In this unlikely event the booking will be terminated and the full booking fee payable.
27. Confetti Cannons & Phyrotechnics - It is the clients responsibility to ensure they have the relevant permisson from the venue for use of these services, and should there be any additional charges for cleaning up of the confetti this is to be stood by the client.
28. We reserve the right to use any photography taken during the Hire Period for promotional purposes unless otherwise advised by the Customer. This excludes children's events.
29. Any prices displayed on our website, or any other litrature, are subject to change without notice, if you have previously booked our services, the agreed price will remain the same at thepoint of agreement. All equipment hire is offered subject to availablity.
30. All song requests made prior to your event are noted, however we have no contractual obligation to play them.
31. We reserve the right to alter any or all of the above at any time without notice.
32. Errors and ommissions accepted.
33. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
In addition to the above, the following Terms and Conditions will be incorporated into the Terms and Conditions for Children's Parties:-‐
1. The Customer will provide adequate adult supervision of the children attending the Event.
2. The supervising adults will provide the DJ with assistance in the organisation of the children during any games played at the Event.
3. The supervising adults will ensure that the Children do not interfere with the disco equipment or prevent the DJ from performing his duties of playing
music and organising games (if required)
4. Any breach of these conditions may result in the DJ ceasing performance before the allotted time without recompense to the Customer.